In El Salvador since 1989
Fundación CINDE is a Spanish non-profit organization that supports in El Salvador comprehensive educational programs for children and youth from excluded social sectors and socioeconomic programs for women in the informal sector.
CINDE Foundation was established on October 20th 2006 and was classified as a non-profit foundation with general interest purposes, predominantly cooperation for development, by Ministerial Order of January 16th 2007 and it is registered under nº 28-1423.
The work of CINDE, has its origins in El Salvador in 1989, in the middle of the Salvadorian civil war, by the hand of Marisa de Martinez and Father Joaquin Lopez y Lopez, S.J. (killed a few months later along with 5 other Jesuits at the UCA). Together they opened the first Children’s Development Center in the city of Soyapango, in San Salvador.
Years later, in 1999, a group of friends from Spain traveled to El Salvador, where they learned about the work that CINDE was doing with the most disadvantaged sectors of the population. This motivated the beginning of a collaboration, which years later, in 2006, culminated in the constitution in Spain of the CINDE Foundation in order to channel all the solidarity that was being generated.
MISSION & VISION
CINDE is a private, independent, non-profit and non-discriminatory Spanish organization, whose general interest is to encourage and promote initiatives for the integral development of the most disadvantaged sectors, always acting in favour of cultural and human growth in its broadest aspects and through the implementation of all kinds of actions, activities and services, aimed at this end.
In order to achieve this objective, CINDE aims to:
- Promote and manage development cooperation programs with organizations in developing countries, especially in El Salvador.
- Promote educational initiatives to achieve the development of the most disadvantaged sectors, especially children and women.
- Defend and promote the social participation of the most disadvantaged sectors in the development actions in which CINDE participates.
- Promote the awareness of people and institutions about the problems of inequality and poverty in the world, trying to mobilize consciences and the commitment for a more just society.
- Support and promote the development of volunteer programs through the training of volunteers and their participation in campaigns and projects of CINDE.